PCB DESIGN & LAYOUT
Venture Electronics has experienced PCB design engineers to provide our global customers with high quality, multi-layer, high speed, high density, and high precision PCB design services, including high-speed backplane design, high-speed A/D PCB design, HDI, FPC, Rigid FPC, SI/PI simulation, EMC/EMI design, etc., from PCB schematic design, PCB layout, PCB manufacturing, SMT/DIP assembly, testing, verification, and certification, etc. to meet the diversified technical and service needs of our customers.
A. PCB Design Rules
Based on circuit performance, also should consider the components placed neatly, beautiful, easy to test, the mechanical size of the board. And the location of the socket, etc., also needs to be carefully considered.
Component layout’s rationality is the basis of designing a quality PCB diagram. Mainly five Requirements on the component layout are installation, force, heat, signal, aesthetic requirements.
Refers to the specific application to smoothly install the board into the chassis, housing, slot without space interference, short circuit, and other accidents. Make the designated connector in the chassis or housing a series of basic requirements in the specified location.
The Circuit board should withstand the installation and work in various external forces and vibrations. For this reason, the board should have a reasonable shape, the board of a variety of holes (screw holes, shaped holes) in a suitable arrangement. Available spot and the board edge distance should be at least more significant than the diameter of the hole. Note also that the weakest part of the plate caused by the shaped hole should have sufficient bending strength. Board directly “extended” out of the equipment shell connector especially to be reasonably fixed to ensure the long-term use of reliability.
For high-power, serious heat-generating devices, in addition to ensuring the heat dissipation conditions, also should pay attention to the placement of the appropriate location. Especially in the precision analog system, pay extra attention to the temperature field generated by these devices on the fragile preamplifier circuit adverse effects. Generally speaking, technicians should make the big high power part into a separate module and take specific thermal isolation measures between the signal processing circuit.
Signal interference needs to consider as the most critical factor in PCB layout design. Several of the essential aspects are: weak signal circuits and robust signal circuits are separated or even isolated; AC part and DC part of the separation; high-frequency part and low-frequency part of the separation; attention to the direction of the signal lines; ground arrangement; appropriate shielding, filtering, and other measures. These are repeatedly emphasized in many treatises and will not be repeated here.
Not only to consider the neat and orderly placement of components but also to consider the beautiful and smooth alignment. As the general layman sometimes more emphasis on the former, as a one-sided evaluation of the merits of the circuit design, to the product’s image, the performance requirements are not demanding to prioritize the former. However, in high-performance situations, where technicians must use dual panels, and pack the circuit board inside, which is usually invisible, priority should be given to the aesthetics of alignment.
B. General Design Capabilities
Chip companies, communication, industrial control, automotive electronics, aerospace, scientific research, medical, consumer electronics, etc.
|Max layer: 40||Max Pin: 4000|
|Max connection: 4000||Min hole diameter: 6 mils (4 mils for laser drilling)|
|Min line width: 3mil||Min line spacing: 3 mil|
|Max number of BGA per board: 44||BGA bit min pin spacing: 0.4mm|
|High-speed differential signals: 10Gbps up to 30inches||Max number of BGA PINs: 2400|
|Max CPU core frequency: 3.6GHz||DDR/DDR2/DDR3/QDR/SRAM memory interface|
Switch Power Supply
|DSP core max frequency: 1.2GHz||ATCA/MicroTCA/AMC, Hyper Transport|
TI DLP-RAMBUS RDRAM
C. Design Software
We are committed to using leading software systems to complement our design and production processes to ensure that your PCBs benefit from the best and most powerful tools available.
- Protel/Protel 99se.
- Altium Designer.
- Protel DXP.
- Cadence allegro.
- Mentor PADS.
- Mentor Xpedition.
- Mentor WG.
D. PCB Design And Layout Process
Simply speaking: Create board schematic via software > Create blank PCB layout > Schematic capture: Link to your PCB > Design your PCB stack > Define design rules and DFM requirements > Component mounting > Insert drill holes > Route trace > Add component labels and identifiers > Generate PCB Gerber file
Complicatedly speaking, Our PCB layout services proceed through the following steps.
Schematic Capturing: Schematic capture is the first PCB layout Design & development stage. The circuit design is drawn on paper and processed using a schematic editor in the computer. We use various types of schematic capture software for schematic capture. After we complete the schematic capture process, the complete electronic design is stored in a file and converted into a netlist file. This file has information about the interconnectivity of the component pins or circuit nodes present in the electronic circuit.
PCB Component Footprint Creation: The creation of component footprints helps determine the space available for placing components. Technicians decide the appropriate mounting solution based on component footprint creation. Our PCB designers use surface mount technology (SMT) or through-hole technology (THT) to place components on the board. Footprint creation helps determine the number of layers required on the board. We can provide PCBs from a single layer to 30 layers.
PCB Routing: This is the next stage after placing the components on the board. Our layout designers use PCB software to determine the physical connections between all the elements on the board. Then the software uses the netlist obtained from the schematic to route the physical connections. Our extensive experience and expertise allow us to incorporate analog and complex wiring into the PCB.
PCB Verification & Analysis: This is essential in any PCB manufacturing process. Our PCB layout designers ensure that the assembly is free from defects. We offer a full range of testing and inspection services. Here are our services.
- In-circuit testing.
- X-ray testing.
- Function testing.
E. Special Components And Layout Design
In the PCB, particular components are critical components in the high-frequency section, core components in the circuit, components susceptible to interference, high voltage components, high heat generation, and some heterogeneous components. The location of these unique components needs to be carefully analyzed, do with the layout in line with the requirements of the circuit function and production needs. If they place improperly, it will cause circuit compatibility and signal integrity problems, finally failing PCB design.
In the design, to place particular components when first considering the PCB size. Too large PCB size, long printed lines, increased impedance, decreased resistance to dryness, and increased costs; too small, poor heat dissipation, and the proximity of the lines are susceptible to interference. After determining the size of the PCB, in determining the placement of particular components square location. Finally, according to the functional unit, the layout of all elements. The place of unique parts in the general design to comply with the following principles.
- Shorten the connection between high-frequency components as far as possible, and minimize their distribution parameters and mutual electromagnetic interference. Vulnerable parts should not be too close to each other, and input and output should be as far apart as possible.
- Some components or wires may have a high potential difference, should increase their distance to avoid accidental short circuits caused by the discharge. High voltage components should be placed out of hands’ reach as far as possible.
- The weight of more than 15G components, available bracket to fix it, and weld it. Those heavy and hot components should not be placed on the board, should be placed on the backplane of the main chassis, and consider the issue of heat dissipation. Thermal elements should be far away from the heat-generating components.
- The layout of adjustable components such as potentiometers, flexible inductor coils, variable capacitors, micro-switches should consider the structural requirements of the actual trigger. Where the structure allows, technicians should place some frequently used switches in places easily accessible to the hand—the layout of the components to a balanced, sparse, and dense, not top-heavy.
For the success of a product, one must focus on internal quality. Instead, both are perfect toggles to become a successful product to consider the overall aesthetics.
F. Layout Check
- Does the board size match with the drawing requirement processing size?
- Whether the layout is balanced, neatly arranged, and whether they are complete.
- Each level has no conflict. Such as components, outer frame, the need for the private printing of the tier is reasonable.
- Is it convenient to use the commonly used components? Such as switches, plug-in boards inserted into the equipment, parts that technicians must frequently replace, etc.
- To check whether the distance between the thermal and heat-generating components is reasonable.
- To check whether the heat dissipation is good.
- And whether technicians need to consider the interference problem of the line.
- PCB source files.
- Gerber files.
- Assembly files.
- Stencil files.
- Structure files, etc.
H. How To Get Started?
Give us a call: 86 0755-85296692 * 603 or email us：email@example.com
And you only need to provide:
- Schematic diagram: A complete electronic file format can produce the correct netlist (netlist).
- Mechanical dimensions: This to provide the specific location and directional identification of the positioning device and identify the particular height limit location area.
- BOM list: mainly to determine and check the specified package information schematic diagram of the device.
- Wiring guide: This is for the description of the specific requirements of unique signals, as well as the design requirements of impedance, stacking, etc.
I. Our purpose
To provide customers with more valuable technical services and total solutions in the direction of
Venture’s forward development. Further international development is the goal that Venture strives for it. Venture still focuses on the innovative development of electronic hardware and makes other efforts in PCB business and one-stop service to provide first-class service and create more value for customers.