Through-Hole Assembly Capabilities
1. What Is Through-Hole Assembly?
Through-Hole Assembly means placing the leads on the electronic components, which technicians insert through the holes drilled in the printed circuit board (PCB).
We provide the THT (Through Hole Technology) through automatic and manual drilling options. We start with the details of the through-hole PCB assembly process, from preparing the surface to be soldered to checking to ensure we do everything well before packaging the assembled circuit board. We will provide rapid prototyping to ensure a stronger connection. We attach great importance to delivering high heat resistance and improving power handling capabilities.
2. Through-Hole Assembly Capabilities
|Through-Hole Assembly Capabilities
|Our service ranges from 8- to 48 Hours for prototype and small volume PCB assembly projects. Since each project’s complexity is different, our tum-time starts from the time that all the components,
PCB files(Gerber files/other PCB files, etc.,)
Centroid (Pick & Place PNP file, XY Data, or files in other formats), BOM, and all the other necessary data or documents/images/photos are ready, and then we start our assembly work.
|Our Kitted PCB Assembly requires you to supply all the components and ship them to us.
|Our Partial Kitted, PCB Assembly service means you offer the main components, and we source the rest of the parts for you and return you your assembled boards. We will ask for your approval on every detail of the components concerning price, quality, and availability.
|We do our Turnkey PCBA service based on our worldwide network of components sourcing. We source from reliable suppliers such as Digikey/Mouser/TME/Element 14 and local certificated distributors. We will always ask for your approval before making any decisions on equivalent components.
|We use laser-cut stainless steel stencils to ensure high reliability for fine pitch and Ball Grid Arrays components.
|Any Qty. Our minimum order qty is one pcs. We specially focused on prototype (1-10pcs), small-batch(10- 100pcs) assembly and low volume PCB (100-500pcs) assembly
|Min Board Size: L50mm x W50mm (smaller than this size needs to be panelized)
Max Board Size: L774mm x W710mm
|We can assemble boards in Rectangular, Circular, and other odd shapes. For PCB shapes different than rectangles, Please penalize the bare PCBs in an array, and add break-away fields at the two longer paralleled edges of the panelized boards. In this way, we can assemble the panels by the machine. Our engineers can help you with PCB penalization if needed.
|We can assemble Rigid Boards (FR4, CAM, etc.), Metal Core (Aluminum, Copper) Boards, and Flex boards ( Flex PCB). Rigid-Flex Board (Rigid-Flex PCB)
|DIP, SDIP QSOP, SSOP, TSSOP, PLCC, QFN, MLP, BGA, CSP, SOT SOP, MSOP, TSOP, QFP, MLFDFN
|Visual inspection: general quality check.
X-ay Inspection: reviews for BGAs, QFN, and bare circuit boards. AOI Testing checks for solder paste, 0201 components, missing components, and polarity.
|Test software, Design For Assembly, Functional Testing (FCT)
Avoid assembly issues, Correct component failures, Trouble-shooting program practical test will follow your test procedures
3. Equipment For Through-Hole Assembly
- Selective Solder Machine.
- Lead-Free Wave Solder Machine.
- Technical Devices In-Line Washer.
- Gen Rad GR228x In-Circuit PCB Tester.
- Two Miele G7883 Cleaning Machines.
- Technological Devices CV400 Lead-Free Wave Soldering Machine.
4. Advantages Of Through-Hole Assembly
- Through-hole mounting offers outstanding solder bonding strength and can be used with multi-layer boards to install heavier components. Connected components get supported for larger sizes. Through-hole mounting technology is excellent for electrolytic capacitors, semiconductors, and electromechanical relays in large packages. Due to the robust structure, the through-hole PCB assembly will probably withstand additional environmental pressure.
- Stronger physical connection: THT component leads can bear environmental stress because they pass through the circuit board instead of being fixed on the surface of the circuit board like SMT components.
- Easier prototyping: THT components are more reliable and are easily replaced.
- Higher heat resistance: High heat resistance makes THT a highly preferred technology in the military and aerospace industry.
- Better power handling capability: through-hole soldering creates a stronger bond between the component and the circuit board, making it suitable for more significant parts.
5. Disadvantages Of Through-Hole Assembly
Due to the required circuit board drilling and more complex assembly processes, through-hole assembly requires more manufacturing time and cost. Leading through the circuit board means that only one side of the PCB is available, so THT boards tend to run slower. However, the strength and reliability provided by THT may mean the difference between a successful product and a failed product.
6. Application Of Through-Hole Assembly
Through-hole technology is popularly applied in billboards and LED lights in stadiums. Through-hole LEDs are durable and bright, making them ideal for handling various elements. Industrial machinery and equipment are usually the locations of THT boards. These machines require the physical durability and strength of the through-hole PCB assembly process under harsh conditions.